XML & HTML Sitemaps are important to helping Google find your website
There are two popular versions of a site map that are important to your website, an XML sitemap and HTML sitemap.
An XML Sitemap is a structured format that a user doesn't need to see, but it tells the search engine about the pages in a site, their relative importance to each other, and how often they are updated. HTML sitemaps are designed for the user to help them find content on a particular page, and don't need to include each and every sub category page.
Sitemaps help visitors and search engine bots find pages on the site.
You cannot submit an HTML sitemap in Google Webmaster Tools as it is not a supported format but a XML sitemap is.
XML Sitemaps are especially helpful if:
• You have a brand new website
• Your have got a lot of pages
• You don't have desired Google Page Rank
• Your website has complex navigation
• Some of your webpages are either not accessible from the main page.
Created on 3/21/2018